Home » Publishing Rules
About the Journal
Since the first publication of the journal Analele Banatului (AnB) the editorial board tried to impose, for the entire volume, a uniform editing system of the scientific articles and of citations of bibliography, that would align to prestigious publications from the domains of interest. We started from the premise that the rules of editing should be widely used in publications of specialty, should not hinder the reading and be easily used by the authors. Keeping these criteria, the current rules require a few modifications due to changes in the structure format of the journal (switch to A4 page size), and following the requirements required by the CNCSIS regarding the accreditation of journals. The editorial board recommends the use of citations in footnote system and of bibliographic abbreviations similar with those promoted by the “Historical Bibliography Of Romania”. In case of Slavic literature (the journal has readers or collaborators from the former Yugoslavia) will keep Cyrillic alphabet even in bibliographic abbreviations.
Manuscripts should be A4 and shall not contain additions written by hand. They will be not returned as they remain in the archive of the editors, the members of the editorial board assume that the author has a duplicate of the manuscript. Starting from the principle that the expression of ideas and opinions should not be constrained by a restrictive editorial space, we do not consider appropriate imposing a certain number of pages for each study or note. Although, will not be accepted those contributions, that related to the topic and presented arguments have an unjustified large number of pages. The monographic works or studies shpuld have an abstract. Each article should contain a summary of at least one page in a foreign language (English, German or French), that summarizes the main contributions of the study. The editorial board presumes that the authors have made citations correctly and does not undertake to verify the veracity or to make changes to their content. The manuscript should have clear structure of paragraphs, the editorial board cares only for the general layout of the text and of illustrations.
Processing of electronic support
Manuscripts will be sent to the editorial board in electronic format on hard disk, floppy disk, CD or DVD, or by mail, to: firstname.lastname@example.org following the recommendations: The text will be written using texts editor programs Microsoft Word, Office 97, 2000 or 2003, Times New Roman, size 12, justified, paragraph – first line, spacing 1. All footnotes should be size 10. Title will be written in capital letters and will be aligned to the center of the page. Under the title, in the right of the page will be written in italics the name and surname of author (s). If two or more authors are listed first names of authors will be separated by commas. Name will not be accompanied by academic grade. After the name of the author (s) one or more asterisks (*) will be written, that will be found also in the bottom of the page, before the first note. In this place, following each asterisk will be noted the institution where the author works, with the address and personal e-mail address. At the beginning of the text keywords both in Romanian and in languages in which the summary was written, related to the subject of the article will be noted, in order to search for the topic on the internet. The texts written in Romanian will be followed by a summary of at least one page, written in a language of international circulation (English, French, German). It is desirable that the abstract include references to the most important footnotes and to the corresponding illustration. If a study is written in a foreign language a summary is not required. If the illustration occupies an entire page will be called plate (Pl.), consisting of several photographs, plans, drawings or sketches. If individual illustrations will be included in the text, they would appear as figures (Fig.). Illustration is given only on digital media, at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Entering the images at the end of the text is optional. If reproduction or adaptation of an already published illustration is made, it is mandatory the indication of provenance. The manuscript will contain a list of illustration, in the language in which the text has been written and also in the language of summary. The notes will be numbered consecutively. The names will be cited without academic grades, except where the source of information is indicated or in case of acknowledgments. When names of place are cited for the first-time (title, notes, in summary or the explanation of figures), will be indicated the name of the locality (followed by the toponym where the discovery was made, written in italics), county (eg Hodoni Pocioroane, Satchinez village, Timis county). Citing ancient and medieval literary and epigraphic sources, notes will be as follows: author, work, place, corpus. Text to be written without separations in syllables, with no text dialogue boxes, without emphasis, thickening of letters, etc.. Quotations in classical languages will be marked in italics. Manuscript with all annexes (illustration, tables, graphs, etc.) will be saved on a single diskette, CD or DVD and checked in advance by the author that can be read.
The editorial board asks the authors to follow the recommendations: References will be made only in footnotes. If Harvard system is used, the following order will be kept: author’s name, year of publication, page and / or reference to the illustration or notes (eg. Georgescu 2002, 17, fig. 3). When the study is written by two authors will be cited as follows: Georgescu-Rotar 2003, 17. When there are more authors will be cited as follows: Georgescu et alii 2004, 23. At the end of the text will be drawn up a bibliographic list which will include all cited works that, with the author (authors) surname followed by initials, full title of volume or article, place and year of publication and article pages. If the cited work appeared in a collection of studies, indicate the title of the volume. If several works by the same author are sited, published in the same year, author name and year of publication will be accompanied by a letter of the alphabet, in the order of citation (eg Georgescu 2002, 20.). The list will be arranged in alphabetical order, based on the initials of the names and in chronological order of the publication of works, if several works of the same author are cited. In case of authors with identic names, the initials of the surnames will be noted (eg. C. Daicoviciu 1968, 123; H. Daicoviciu 1968, 194). The bibliographical list will be presented at the end of the text, as it follows:
- Citation of monographies: Bader 1978, T. Bader, Epoca bronzului în nord-vestul Transilvaniei. Cultura pretracică şi tracică, Bucureşti (1978). Аванесова 1991, Н.А. Аванесова, Культура пастушеских племен эпохи бронзы азиатской части СССР, Ташкент (1991).
- Citation of articles published in collective volumes : Metzner-Nebelsick 1998, C. Metzner-Nebelsick, Abschied von den „Thrako-Kimmeriern”? – Neue Aspekte der Interaktion zwischen karpatenländischen Kulturgruppen der späten Bronz- und frühen Eisenzeit mit der osteuropäischen Steppenkoine. (B. Hänsel, J. Machnik), Das Karpatenbecken und die osteuropäische Steppe. Nomadenbewegungen und Kulturaustasch in den vorchristlichen Metallzeit (4000-500 v.Chr.), MünchenRahden/Westf. (1998), 361-422. Дергачев 1969, В.А. Дергачев, Поселение эпохи бронзы у села Слободка-Ширеуцы. В сб: (Отв. ред. Л.Л. Полевой), Далекое прошлое Молдавии, Кишинев (1969), 110-122.
- Citation of articles published in journals Zaharia 1990, E. Zaharia, La culture de Monteoru. La deuxième étape de développement à la lumière des fouilles de Sărata-Monteoru (dép. de Buzău). Dacia N.S. XXXIV, (1990), 23-51. Качалова 1970, Н.К. Качалова, Ильменские курганы. Археологический Сборник 12 (1970), 7-34.
- Citations of abstracts published in conference and seminar volumes: Sava 1994, E. Sava, Investigaţiile istorico-arheologice în microzona Rudi-Tatărăuca Noua-Arioneşti, raionul Donduşeni. Cronica cercetărilor arheologice. Campania 1993. A XXVIII-a Sesiune Naţională de rapoarte arheologice, Satu Mare, 12-15 mai 1994. Satu Mare (1994), 114. Савва 1993, Е. Савва, Позднефракийский культурно-хронологический горизонт VII-VI вв. до н. э. в Молдове (по материалам курганного могильника у с. Тринка). Първи
международeн симпозиум «Севтополис». «Надгробните могили Югоизточна Европа» Казанлък, България (1993), 55-56.
- Citations of scientific reports and archive documents: Larina et alii. 1996, O.V. Larina, K.P. Wechler, V.A. Dergaciov, S.I. Kovalenko, V.M. Bicbaev, Periegheze arheologice în raioanele Donduşeni, Drochia, Sîngerei în anul 1996. Arhiva MAE IAE AŞ RM. Inv. nr. 358, Chişinău (1996). Агульников 1987, С.М. Агульников, Отчет о полевых исследованиях Слободзейской новостроечной экспедиции в 1987 г. Архив МАЭ ИАЭ АН РМ. Инв. № 266, Кишинев (1988).
In case of citation following the classic system there will be used the words in italic: Ibidem, op. cit., cf., apud, supra, infra, sq., sqq., et alii. With normal letters will be noted the words: idem, urm. Following the above mentioned examples, in the bibliographical list will be written with italic the titles of monographies, of collective volumes, names of journals, series or collections, as follows:
T. Bader, Epoca bronzului în nord-vestul Transilvaniei. Cultura pretracică şi tracică, Bucureşti, 1978, 39.
E. Zaharia, La culture de Monteoru. La deuxième étape de développement à la lumière des fouilles de Sărata-Monteoru (dép. de Buzău). Dacia N.S. XXXIV, 1990, 23-51.
Respecting these recommendations will facilitate the work of the editorial board and of the publisher and will make your work more accessible to readers. The deadline for submitting articles is June 1 of each year. All contributions received after this date will be included in the next volume.